Saturday, August 9, 2008

TERM 3 - WEEK 1

21st July - F2F meeting with the Science students at NC to arrange correspondence and VC classes for the senior students. I had set up a support site for them on MyClasses, so I spent time with them to ensure they were familiar and feeling supported with their online learning.

When I realised that there were only two students at Level 2 and Level 3 doing chemistry and physics, I sent out a distress call to the eLearning Community and was inundated with support, so those students now have a VC teacher as well as being able to do their correspondence.

23rd July - F2F meeting with David Templeton regarding E4E on the VLN in 2009. I am considering teaching a YES class to FarNet schools, so we could have a company with directors based at different schools. Dave is keen to assist in a trial of such, and Rachel Roberts from Taranet is also keen to teach a YES class also. Putting feelers out to my ecolleagues, there is plenty of demand for students being involved. Reflection: I don't want to loose my accounting class though, I enjoy teaching accounting, so might have to consider teaching two classes. The YES should be more a role of facilitator anyway.

24th July - F2F meeting with FarNet Principal - Bruce Devine - Bay of Islands College - Bruce has been away on a sabbatical, so it was a general catch up.

25th July - A DAY I WILL REMEMBER!!! Finally Asnet and Telecom were able to bring their technical minds together and I finally got connectivity with my video conferencing equipment. I was able to teach my accounting class from home (no travelling .........). The first person I dialled was Eddie Reisch, and we talked for an hour and in the afternoon I catch up with Linda Pascoe-Walsh from Roxburgh. I had been feeling a little isolated up until then, but NO LONGER!

No comments: