Saturday, May 24, 2008

Visit to Northland College - 23rd May 2008

Went back to my old school today, where I have taken leave from or two years. Must admit, was really nice to see all the staff, but it was particularly nice not to have to deal with the day to day problems. Instead, I based myself in the staffroom and was able to make myself available to staff who wanted to discuss MyClasses and FarNet.

Worked with Steve Radich, setting up an online class for his environmental science classes. This will give the Year 10 staff he works with the opportunity of following his programme and feel they are fully informed. Mareea Paitai wanted a follow up from the previous weeks' PD. She is setting up an online class for the CApBL team. She is going to work with Eileen on further developing the Careers Corner class I set up last year. John Tapene had a meeting in the morning, but we caught up in the afternoon to look at what he wants to develop for staff. We looked at a google calendar that the Board is using, which will probably be able to integrate into MyClasses for his staff.

No comments: